It seemed like only yesterday, people were hiding their washers and dryers from prying eyes. For some households, that's no longer the case, due to lack of space, necessity, or because these appliances now need to be kept in the kitchen. While we've had our washers in a laundry closet, in the basement, and the bathroom, this is also the first time that we'll be having ours in the kitchen. This is one of the main reasons why we got a stainless steel model.
1. Miele Steamcare Washer: While this washer might look like it was bedazzled by some tween gone rogue, it's definitely unique. It works with a constant steam delivery, which is supposed to reduce creasing and make it easier to iron. It's energy-efficient and costs a whopping $2,400. (via Appliancist)
2. GE Profile 4.2 IEC: The bold red color of this washer is certainly distinctive. It stores up to 6 months worth of laundry detergent and dispense it at the right time during the laundry cycle. This is a smart washing machine since it can sense how much laundry is inside of it and choose the correct program. It costs $1499.
3. Whirlpool Vantage: This washing machine was the first offered with a USB port, for firmware updates and custom programs. It's also got a glowing touch screen interface.
4. GE Profile Overnight Ready: This matching washer and dryer certainly look impressive. The washer will wash and dry a small load of laundry overnight, without needing the use of the dryer, which is an interesting feature for busy people.
5. LG Studio Washer and Dryer: This washer uses steam to clean your dirty laundry, and also includes a smart cold wash cycle. This washer and dryer certainly boast a number of great features, and wouldn't look out of place in the middle of a loft.
MORE WASHING MACHINES
5 Great Integrated Washers & Dryers
Hiding Washer & Dryer in the Bathroom
Small Washing Machines for Renters
5 Handsome Washers & Dryers to Set Your Pantry Apart
Sleek-Looking Washers & Dryers