If you're looking for a way to add warmth to a room, but aren't ready to commit to a new paint color, consider adding a statement sofa in a vibrant, warm hue. Such pieces draw the eye and immediately switch the temperature of a space. Check out some of my favorites below, in a variety of colors and prices.
1. The Tetra Loveseat in lemongrass from CB2, on sale for $799. Depending on the styling of this sofa, the color can compliment either warm or cool tones, depending on your liking. Plus, certain light reflecting off of this yellow can even bring out cooler, green tones.
2. The super stylish Twilight Sleeper Sofa by Flemming Busk for Softline, available from Design Within Reach, on sale for $1615.00. Definitely an investment, this piece simplifies the concept of a pull-out sofa into a simple cylinder and rectangle.
3. Plushy and inviting, the Klyne sofa in saffron from Crate & Barrel offers a more traditional style, with a brightening twist. $1,199.
4. Bringing back this style of fainting sofa may change the entire feel of your room, but don't be afraid! The Antoinette Fainting Sofa from Urban Outfitters is elegant, yet tongue-in-cheek. $649.
5. Don't forget about this oldie but goodie: a great standby, the Klippan Loveseat in Granån red comes with removable and washable covers, so you can switch the color to your liking. $299 from IKEA.
(Images: as linked above).