There are a lot of good design ideas out there, but often not enough capital to get them executed. More and more, crowd funding is instrumental in helping these independent, small businesses get their products to market. We've rounded up five projects open for funding at Kickstarter that we think are worthy of investment - check them out:• Modular dollhouses: With 6 different styles to choose from, these dollhouses can be assembled by kids and personalized. They are made from paperboard and birch plywood so they are durable but light enough to be packed flat and carried, even by a child.
More info: Lille Huset
• Cubby coat hook and storage unit: We've shown some love for this product before, and now the designer needs some funding to get production up and running. The Cubby combines a small storage space with a hook so you can keep small items from getting misplaced.
More info: Cubby
• SugarSNAP Car-Go system: The Car-Go is a portable organizing system for all the doodads parents need while out and about. It's a container that wrangles things like diapers, toys, feeding accessories in a system that is reminiscent of an office filing cabinet.
More info: Car-Go system
• Arrterro Eco Art Kits: Twelve different kits come packed with natural materials for kids to make art. Each kit has enough raw material for 2 people to make multiple projects. While the company provides ideas and suggestions, you can also let your kids' minds run wild in creating their own masterpieces.
More info: Arrterro
• Efeet bowls: Inspired by Alice in Wonderland, Dylan Kendall has designed a whole array of pottery with whimsical human features. She's seeking funding to get her latest design, the Efeet bowl, into production.
More info: Efeet
MORE KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGNS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• 5 Great Tech Kickstarter Projects We'd Love to See Funded
• 4 Kickstarter Products We Can't Wait to Own
• 5 Tech Kickstarter Projects Worth Investing In