Last year's release of the Apple iPad 2 was pretty mind-blowing to say the least, and with so many of you using it as your daily computing device
, we can only imagine how tempting it will be to throw down for the new Apple iPad 3 when it drops in the next couple of weeks. For those who like their rumors served on a plate, here we go again.As with all industry rumors, take everything with a grain of salt. The more salt you take, the less crushing disappointment will result. That said, here we go!
Camera back panel comparison.
An LCD panel from Sharp, a back plate with an Apple logo, and a 30-pin dock connector all claimed to be from Apple's so-called "iPad 3" were obtained by iLab Factory. When all three were placed together, the site found that they were a match, suggesting the components are from a prototype build of the next iPad.
• It will have an A6 processor
• Siri will be integrated into iPad 3 experience
• Improved battery life
• Improved camera lens and sensor similar to iPhone 4S
• It will have larger capacity options (as flash memory prices continue drop, this is almost guaranteed)
• It will look like the iPad 2, but a little thicker
• A6 processor will be Quad-Core processor
• It will have 2048x1536 pixel Retina Display
• It will be announced March 7th
• AT&T and Verizon 4G LTE wireless network compatible
• It will have a 3D display
• An 8" 'mini' version
• It will come with a touch-sensitive stylus
• It will redesign your bathroom (although adding Apartment Therapy on your FlipBoard feed certainly helps!)
• It will be announced February 24 (Steve Job's birthday)
(Via ZDnet and Mashable)