Here's one from our man Taylor.
We've all known the joy of test-driving new system software, but Apple's iPhone 2.0 software update takes it to a new level.
Although we love the variety of applications available through the iTunes App Store, trying to separate the good from the bad in the initial release is a little overwhelming. Below are a couple must-haves (all free), but let us know which app is your new favorite. --Taylor
- Social Networking/AIM: Finally, an embedded replacement for expensive SMS!
- Music/Pandora Radio: Streaming radio on your phone! Even works with the slower original iPhone and iPod Touch (Touch requires 2.0 software purchase).
- Entertainment/Remote: Control iTunes as it plays on another computer.
- News/NYTimes: A streamlined version of the New York Times website.
- Travel/Lonely Planet Phrasebook series: Just like a standard phrasebook, but each phrase can be played aloud.