Looking back on the years, I think 2012 will be marked as the end of the point-and-shoot camera. Would-be point-and-shoot-memory-makers are choosing between high-end DSLR's or sticking with the ever-improving cameras on their smartphones and tablets. And when the latter option features built-in apps for editing and sharing your snaps? Well, the choice is a no-brainer.
• 5 Compact iPhone Tripods for Home and Away
• Smartphones Worthy of Replacing Your Point-and-Shoot Camera
• Camera Awesome: Power Up iPhone Pix, Tech Test Lab
• The bitplay SNAP! iPhone Case, Tech Test Lab
• Super Close-Up Macro Photos... with a Cell Phone and Old Laser Pointer?
• Make Your Own Cinemagraphs with Your iPhone and Cinemagr.am
• No Instagram? Six Photo App Alternatives
• The Pocket Cinematographer: Five Favorite iOS Video Apps
• Tablet Apps for Editing Photos on the Go
• Want Better Instagram Photos? Do This!
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)