- Chicago, IL
- Inspiration for my palette:
- My use of color in this room was inspired by my vintage rug that I've had since I was a child, growing up in Kazakhstan. It combines reds, blacks, and golds that are picked up in many other textiles in the room, including a Marimekko wall hanging.
- Colors used in my room
- My guest room is a riot of colors and patterns, ranging from orange to red to gold to chartreuse. The abundant use of color is anchored by neutral walls.
- Tips for using color successfully
- I love using complimentary colors for maximum contrast. Using colors from opposite sides of the color wheel creates a sense of dynamic balance that is never dull or boring.
- Opposites Attract
Room for Color