Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- San Francisco, CA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that everything in my room has a story and a personal significance i.e., the dresser was a Craigslist find and took me a week to stain with a few too many trials and errors; the bedding is DIY and the two weeks of sewing helped me get through a particularly challenging time in my life; the chair was one of those serendipitous finds on the streets of San Francisco; the bed was made by a very talented friend from reclaimed wood and the painting is also a friend's artwork. I was also determined to have yellow curtains and couldn't find them in the right color or the right length. I ended up sewing them and LOVE them. They made such a huge difference in the overall look and feel of the room. All of these things combined make the room so much more than a bedroom. I love that it's personal, welcoming, bright, cozy and truly feels like a place to relax and unwind.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- PATIENCE, PATIENCE & PATIENCE. The process of putting together this room was so organic that I really had to let go and allow it to evolve instead of making it something its not. As a result, instead of buying things I didn't necessarily love, I have tried to intentionally curate over time and slowly add fun finds from thrift stores, friends' creations, DIYs, etc. Creating a place for little knick-knacks or a place to put jewelry at the end of the day really worked for me. I found that I needed to add things that can be both functional and visually interesting. I also tried to curate as much as I could because the less cluttered my room is, the more relaxed I feel.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- In apartment living, I think you have to have multi-functional spaces. I love the lighting/daytime sun in the room and being able to sit by the window to have my morning cup of coffee feels like a true luxury. I also enjoy reading in my room, whether its reading in bed or in my window nook. The true intention and test with this room was to create a space I want to hang out in all the time. I love that walking into my room at the end of the day truly makes me happy.
See all entries