- Buying a high efficiency washer and dryer would reduce our electricity and gas bill by perhaps 25%.
- We'd use less detergent.
- I'd never have to wash a load of clothes twice in a row because they didn't get clean the first time.
- I could stop over drying clothes.
- Our water usage would drop. According to The Urban Homestead, 8.7% of water use in the home comes from the washing machine.
- There are free, functional appliances in the laundry room right now.
- Heavy, expensive appliances are not currently on the list of items that have to get into the moving truck when we leave.
- A new washer and dryer could cost about $1500.
Have you replaced appliances in a rental? Was it worth it?
RELATED ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• What to Look For: Choosing a Compact Washer/Dryer
(Image: Laurie McGinley)