Name: Isla Rae
Location: Seattle, Washington
When my husband and I found out we were having a girl, I knew that I wanted the room to have a mix of modern playfulness with girliness. The pink and gold geometric nursery featured on Green Wedding Shoes served as my inspiration and I added my own whimsical touches to make it a more personalized space and to keep with the overall mid-century modern aesthetic that is in the rest of the house.
The room is relatively small so it was important that each piece of furniture was able to serve multiple functions and we wanted it to be something that would grow with her. The changing table doubles as a dresser and the bookcase is also a toy box. The rocking chair is much more comfortable than most people think it will be and it will work out great as a little reading chair for Isla when she gets older.
Though there are a lot of patterns in the room, the soft color palette keeps the room feeling calm and relaxed.
- Crib: Hudson 3 in 1 convertible crib with toddler rail
- Wall Decals: Mur (large triangles in Blush and Gold)
- Magic Carpet Rug: Land of Nod
- District Storage Bench/Book Case: Land of Nod
- Monarch 6 Drawer Dresser: Land of Nod
- Retro Rocker: Land of Nod
- Between and Rock and a Lamp Base: Land of Nod
- Night Light: Jonathan Adler
- Changing Pad Cover: Mod Fox on Etsy
- Gem Cutout Mirror: West Elm
- Etsy: RiverLuna, Deer
- Society6: RK// Design, Horse
- Society6: Zach Terrell, Compass
- Rifle Paper Co.: Paris Print
- Etsy: Annatovar, I'm So Glad You Were Born
- Etsy: Brittany Bass, Navy Geo