It seems like power outlets have been the same basic design for as long as they've existed. More than a decade into the 21st century, we're finally seeing some innovation in this area with electrical outlets and accessories that make life easier and conserve energy.
- 360 Electrical PowerCurve Mobile Surge Protector from B&H Photo Video -- This handy little electrical accessory is a surge protector with 360° rotating outlets and two USB pots. $24.99
- Belkin Conserve Socket Energy Saving Outlet from Amazon -- Plug your phone into this device, set the timer (for 30 minutes, 3 hours or 6 hours) and it will stop pulling juice from the outlet when time's up. $9.99
- Power2U Outlet from Newer Technology -- This outlet features two USB ports with sliding covers. $24.95
- 360 Rotating Duplex Outlet from Amazon -- Replace an existing outlet with one that features two rotating outlets and never struggle with large or odd sized plugs again. $6.07
- Leviton Recessed Wall Outlet from The Home Depot -- Recessed outlets are perfect for placing behind furniture that needs to be flush against the wall and also behind wall mounted televisions. $7.99
MORE POWER OUTLETS ON APARTMENT THERAPY
(Images: As credited above.)