Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Bangkok Thailand
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Easy to clean. Less furniture = smaller budget = more money in the pocket.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1. Keep your color palette consistent through out the entire space and keep it neutral; this will visually expand the space and doesn't look too busy.
2. Try to limit your pieces of furniture to only KEY necessary pieces that are in a usable scale; e.g. I put in 1) a queen-size bed, 2) a decent size dressing mirror with one drawer at the bottom and 3) a loveseat; just skip side tables and lamps (you can use wall sconces instead). Remember, too many small pieces can clutter your space and doesn't provide a function you really need in a small space.
3. Short on floor space? Embrace your wall! I simply create a multifunctional office/dining space from a simple pass-through by attaching a folding table and chair to a tiny wall. Same principle applied to the TV wall where I created a space for books, TV, shoes, and a place to sit down and tie your shoe or even slide them in front of a sofa as coffee table.
See all entries