Name: Jacey Duprie & Grant Leavitt
Location: West Hollywood; Los Angeles, CA
Size: 2,000 square feet
Years lived in: Less than 1 year; Rented
Once you enter this inviting Spanish style home, you will never want to leave. Jacey and Grant have transormed their home into the ideal spot for them to entertain, work, and live along with their two adorable English bulldogs, William and Polly.
When Jacey and Grant got married almost two years ago, they had the issue that all couples have of incorporating two completely different styles into one. They have managed to mix and match their existing furniture and accessories with various pops of colors and patterns into a cohesive whole.
From the Missoni towels, candles, and blankets to the Jonathan Adler gold accessories, you can see where Jacey has put her own touches to each room to soften Grant's masculine furniture and art work. Their major furniture pieces are a mix of Modernica, CB2, and flea market finds that they agreed upon together. My personal favorite decor accessory is the cotton that is placed as the centerpiece of their dining room table that is from Jacey's 150-year-old family cotton farm in Texas.
They love to entertain so their dining room was already ready for a dinner party that day and the living room is the perfect place to lounge and chat after dinner. The gold bar cart in the living room is just begging for someone to make a fun cocktail! On the bar cart, Jacey found that unique vintage cigarette holder with brass details at the Rose Bowl flea market.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
My Style: Mid-Century modern meets Anthropologie
Inspiration: We draw inspiration from our favorite photographers such as Slim Aarons
& locations like Palm Springs and Fredericksburg, Texas.
Favorite Element: My favorite element of any space is creating an inviting area that
guests want to spend time in and for me, that's the living room. I
particularly love our custom case study love seat from Modernica and bar cart from Society Social because they fit perfectly in tune with what mood we are trying to create.
Biggest Challenge: When we got married almost 2 years ago it was a challenge to bring both
of our styles together. My husbands taste is very urban, modern and
clean while my taste is more ecletic, nostalgic & mismatched.
What Friends Say: People who visit our home say that they love how it seems like we have
lived here forever. Our furniture fits the space perfectly and friends
like that our style is modern, yet the home is an older spanish style.
Biggest Embarrassment: One of our 2 English Bulldogs once dug so hard into our bedroom floor
rug that there's a hole in it. We conveniently tucked that part under
our bed to hide it!
Proudest DIY: I'm not much of a DIY person so I'll consider my wall of pictures in my office my proudest DIY!
Biggest Indulgence: Our James Perse bedding. It's so amazing!
Best Advice: Draw inspiration from chic hotels such as The Parker Palm Springs. Don't steal their soap, steal their style!
Dream Sources: Modernica, Flea Markets, Dwell, Pinterest and of course, Apartment Therapy!!!!
Resources of Note:
- Couch, Case Study Love Seat, Case Study Storage Unit - All Modernica
- Design Within Reach Coffee Table
- Angela Adams Rug
- Cabinet of Natural Curiosities Book
- 2 solid pillows: Room & Board
- Zig Zag Pillow: Urban Outfitters
- Vintage Louis Vuitton Vanity Case from Jacey's Mom
- Vintage Book from Jacey's grandmother
- Lamp from CB2
- Artwork by Laird Campbell
- Bar Cart
- Decanters on Bar Cart from CB2
- Starburst & Coasters by Jonathan Adler
- Table & Chairs from CB2
- Deer Antlers from Jacey's Dad
- Cotton from Jacey's Dad's Cotton Farm
- Dinnerware: Plates: Juliska
- Silverware and glasses: Anthropologie
- Artwork is by our friend, Parvez Taj
- Dining Room Hutch was found at Fairfax Flea Market
- Cowhide Rug: Design Within Reach
- Red Bread Bin: Anthroplogie
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer: SurLaTable
- Beverage Dispenser: PotteryBarn
- Bedding: James Perse
- Throw: Hermes
- Headboard: Cost Plus
- 2 Nightstands found at Fairfax Flea Market
- Nightstand Lamps from CB2
- Bench in front of bed from Design Within Reach
- Angela Adams Rug
- Dressers: CB2
- Artwork is by our friend Parvez Taj
- Wire Basket from Rolling Greens
- Blanket in Wire Basket: Missoni
- Case Study Storage Unit: Modernica
White Desk: CB2
- Fiberglass Shell Chair: Modernica
- A to Z Fashion Designers Book
- Sofette: World Market
- Pillow: Jonathan Adler
- Prozac & Uppers Jars by Jonathan Adler
- Silver Paperweight: West Elm
- Gold Peacock: Jonathan Adler
- Pouf from West Elm
- Slim Aarons book on Pouf from Fred Segal
- Vintage Louis Vuitton Suitcase from Jacey's Mom
- Dress form is a vintage flea market find
- Frames from Aaron Brothers
- Artwork from: 20x200, Morrison Hotel Gallery, Sole Society, Anthropologie
- Silver Storage Cabinet: Design within reach
- Rolling Rack: Bed, Bath & Beyond
Thanks, Jacey and Grant!
(Images: Monica Wang Photography)
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE: Check out past house tours here.
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.