Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Woodbury, MN
- Inspiration for my palette:
- This room is big. It is two stories with tons of large windows. With so much natural light, I wanted to play with a really dark color on the walls and furnishings. Turquoise is my favorite color, so I splashed it all around the room as an accent color. The rug adds a huge punch of pattern and color in the room. The navy rug inspired the center-striped pillow which ties the room together. The teal and green from the other pillows and the ice blue velvet on the chairs match colors in the striped pillow.
- Colors used in my room
- Wall Color - Zinc by Martha Stewart
Trim Color - Divine White by Sherwin Williams
Rug - Moroccan Trellis in Navy from RugsUSA
Sofa - Andre in Pewter from Room & Board
Chairs - Ice/Aqua Blue Velvet
- Tips for using color successfully
- Don't be afraid to use a lot of colors in one space. As long as you have something, like the striped pillow in my room, to tie them all together it will work beautifully. Using the same color in a few different shades adds depth and helps the room look layered.
- Navy Patterned
See all entries