Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- St. Louis, MO
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I have a theory that one's bedroom should be a sanctuary from the day to day hectic obligations, work, stressors and general craziness. I prefer a darker- "moody" as it's been referred to- space so that it's relaxing and envelopes me as I retreat into my personal space. I'm a collector of curiosities so I fill it with things that I love or that have been handed down to me as heirlooms that are meaningful. Thankfully, I have a decent walk in closet so that only my aesthetically pleasing pieces are visible and the "clutter" is to a minimum. Until now, I've never really published photos of it because it's a personal space but I love the idea of sharing design elements and ideas within a community such as apartment therapy.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- My tips would be to- like in any space- follow your instinct. Be true to who you are and your own design sensibilities because when you do that you inadvertently create a space that's just yours and it influences your quality of life in a beneficial way.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Well, I love sleep so the one key piece in my bedroom in particular is my bed- a good mattress and fabulous bed linens will do just fine for me. I also don't have a TV in my bedroom so that my sleep time is optimized. I have recently been tempted to get one so that I can catch up on all of my DVR'd shows that I never have time to watch.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat