Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- What I love most about my apartment is that it meets all my personal requirements. It's relatively modern, it has no unnecessarily fussy details, it has a dishwasher, it's safe and it's clean. This rental apartment was a necessary downsize choice that I had to make a couple of years ago, and although I'm still struggling with divestment of my excess "stuff", I know that once I'm finished with the process it will feel even more spacious than it already does. My last apartment was a one bedroom, which was almost three times the size of this studio. And even though I loved it, with the dramatic reduction in my monthly rent, I love my current home even more.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- The biggest challenge without a doubt (and one that I'm still facing) was letting go of many of the lovely items that I had in my previous, much larger apartment, not to mention the favorites that I've owned for many, many years. I'm not an efficient mover, so I did not get rid of enough stuff before I made this move. Thus, it's been unduly challenging trying to make choices while living with the very items I'm trying to decide to let go of. These decisions are, however, getting easier and easier because the longer I live here, the space really let's me know what is necessary and practical for graceful living.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- If I am the grand prize winner, what I would do with the prize money is commission a lucite waterfall table in the custom size that I need. I would also like a "proper" size area rug for in front of my sofa and sitting chairs. Lastly, I would hire a professional organizer for a weekend to help me with the continual project of downsizing within the apartment and also in my storage unit.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013