Here's Jaime's contribution to the DIY play kitchen string of hits! She used a thriftstore book hutch (the kind that usually sits atop a desk) as a platform for this colorful cooking area. Even the stove burners (old Fisher Price play records!) add color and the dishes remind us of our childhood favs, Fiestaware.
Here are some of the other components Jaime used:
- the faucet is an R.O. faucet from Whirlpool warranty
- a stainless steel bowl became the sink
- .50 cent scrap lumber from Home Depot became inexpensive shelves
- the oven knob is the end of a wooden mallet (the other end is over the sink for a towel rack)
- tthe stove knobs are endcaps from a portable closet rod she got at Bed Bath and Beyond
- the bottom shelf and kickplate are popular hardwood and birch planking also from Home Depot
- her "splurges" were new hinges and an oven handle for a few bucks
And Jaime's not done! She's currently at work fashioning a refrigerator out of a hamper - oh boy!