City: St. Louis, Missouri
My Home: 3-bedroom townhome/rowhouse
This quaint neighborhood is just South of downtown Saint Louis. It's a common location for many city-wide activities, from Mardi Gras to running and street bike races. The old red brick historic district boasts gorgeously restored row houses and town homes.
Jake's Guide to Soulard
The neighborhood has many attractions, including a wide range of dining establishments with the best outdoor patios in town. There's also a world class farmer's market, international brewery tour, dog park, art market and many other excellent businesses. In addition, there are beautiful churches and event spaces scattered throughout.
1. Favorite Neighborhood Home Store
- SUTTONWOOD ANTIQUES: 1301 Gravois Street
Chinese and Oriental antique furniture
2. Go-to Shop for Gifts
- THE PORCH: 1700 South Ninth Street
From their site: "Unique gifts and home furnishings with an eclectic mix of fine wine"
3. Best Vintage Shop, Thrift Store, or Flea Market
- REMEMBER ME VINTAGE CLOTHING: 1021 Russell Boulevard
Vintage costumes and a Bakelite collection
4. Favorite Coffee Shop, Café, or Restaurant
- SOULARD COFFEE GARDEN: 910 Geyer Avenue
From their site: "We offer fresh, made from scratch breakfast and lunch items, as well as great coffee, smoothies, espresso, lattes, and specialty drinks."
5. Best Place to Pick Up Groceries
- VINCENT'S MARKET: 2400 South 12th Street
"A Real Neighborhood Store - Established 1912"
6. Best Place to Buy Flowers
- JUNE'S GREENERY: 1915 12th Street
From their site: "Family owned and operated and has been in business for over 25 years"
7. Best Neighborhood Park
- SOULARD MARKET: 730 Carroll Street
From their site: "The oldest farmers market west of the Mississippi"
8. Best Spot to Take Visitors
- McGURK'S BEER GARDEN: 1200 Russell Boulevard
From their site: "Established 30 years ago, John D. McGurk's Irish Pub and Garden has risen to the top of the class among the Irish Pubs in St. Louis."