Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Dallas , TX
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love how cozy it is. It has a definite rustic masculine vibe ... but at the same time, modern elements. Like sleeping in a modern cabin retreat. Of course there can never be enough layers ... pillows, down comforters, or Navajo prints.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- The wood planked wall grounds the bed, makes the headboard feel huge ... it also hides the cords from the industrial sconces on the sides of the bed. We built it in a day with straight-off-the-shelf pine from Home Depot (we used the exact size the planks come in) and stained it a rich Jacobean. To keep the walls "clean" I propped art on easels on top of the dresser, which is really 3 Ikea Malm dressers pushed together. The peg rack wall was the best solution to a lack of closet space, it's attractive and functional. The curtains are almost the same color as the warm khaki walls. I may be a "pillow guy", but I am not a "patterned curtain guy".
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Dual function is the way most bedrooms are now. My bedroom is also my office. The modern chrome sawhorse desk serves as my nightstand too. Paperwork is kept in a storage box underneath so I don't have to think about work while I'm trying to relax at the end of the day.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat