- CURIOUS SOFA: 3925 W. 69th Ter.
Sometimes burlesque vintage, sometimes casual comfort home decor.
2. Go-to Shop for Gifts
- STUFF: 316 W. 63rd St.
Packed full of quirky handmade goodness.
3. Best Vintage Shop, Thrift Store, or Flea Market
- URBAN MINING: 3924 Walnut
Retro/urban, mod/vintage flea market open the first Friday weekend of each month.
4. Favorite Bookstore
- READING REPTILE: 328 W. 63rd St.
Everything you could ever wish for in a children's bookstore.
5. Favorite Coffee Shop, Café, or Restaurant
- THE ROASTERIE: 6223 Brookside Blvd.
KC-native coffee roaster's neighborhood cafe. Hotspot for people with MacBooks, iPhones and who enjoy philosophical conversations.
6. Best Hardware/Paint Store
- STRASSER: 910 Southwest Blvd.
The place that has a solution for everything.
7. Best Place to Pick Up Groceries
- McGONIGLE'S: 1307 W. 79th St.
Known for the best meat cuts in town, but also has wine, cheese, fresh produce and over 100 BBQ sauces.
8. Best Place to Buy Flowers
- TRAPP & CO.: 4110 Main St.
Flowers, gifts and home decor. Their candles are sold nationwide.
9. Best Neighborhood Park
- LOOSE PARK: 5200 Wornall Rd.
Popular for weddings, photo shoots, dog walking, and romantic picnics.
10. Best Spot to Take Visitors
- GATE'S BBQ: 4621 Paseo Blvd.
Word of advice: Know what you want before you go and be sure to grab a tray at the door, because shouting at the customers as they walk in is one of their trademarks. They're not being rude, it's part of the fun atmosphere. I recommend the Mixed Plate with a frosty beer.
Thanks, Jamie! Photos: Jamie Moore
Interested in sharing your neighborhood with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our Neighborhood Guide Submission Form.