I'll admit it - I'm a city person, through and through, so the idea of a big backyard or bountiful garden just doesn't enter my thoughts, even when I'm fantasizing about my dream outdoor space. A small balcony is about as big as I can go, but since I'm at it, I'd like it to feel like my true favorite outside space - a cafe in Paris. In other words, my perfect spot to sit and enjoy a coffee on a summer morning!
The components of my cafe style balcony (as shown above) are:
• 20-06 Square Cafe Table by Foster & Partners for Emeco from DWR, $1255.
• A potted Meyer Lemon Tree from Williams Sonoma, $69.95.
• A few Metropolitan Chairs from CB2, $139.
• A Mid-Century Sunshade from DWR, $999.
• A Ceramic Garden Stool from Pagoda Red, price not available.
• An Outdoor Maze Rug from Williams Sonoma Home, $125.
• A Barrow Bar Cart from West Elm, $199.
• A Chopstick Pot from Pagoda Red, price not available.
• An espresso maker, preferably this cute 70s style one from Gaggia.
MORE DREAM OUTDOOR ROOMS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Adrienne's Carnivale Inspired Outdoor Space
• Sarah's Whimsical Outdoor Playground
• Sarah Rae's Modern Farming Escape
• Fantasy Garden for a Thirtysomething Kid (and Her Kids)
• Colleen's Lazy Outdoor Reading Nook