Here is the final part of my January Jumpstart! After some masking tape, light sanding, several coats of paint, and then a few coats of spray lacquer, I was ready for my unveiling...
Whenever I've tried to mask a hard line on something, I usually find some paint that seeps through the tape. Touch-ups are usually needed. However, this time... clean as a whistle! I think using lots of short light sprays helped.
A few things I learned: Make sure you put some sort of cover or large tarp down. The overspray ends up on everything and wear a mask because you'll have spray paint dust gets everywhere. Also, the ROGER chair does not come with any feet pads, so I picked up some small plastic sliders from the hardware store (just something to think about or look out for if scratching your floors is a concern.) I was torn about reupholstering the seat white or another color, but that's something I suppose I can always do at a later time. For now I'm pretty pleased with the results.
Once again, here is the link to Laure's tips on spray painting a chair.