Coming up in January, the readers and editors of Apartment Therapy and Blueprint/Bluelines have the opportunity to jump in and get a project done - together. We're hoping that with the support of the community it will be an easy road from "Before" to "After".
An editor from every site is tackling their own project, their own January Jumpstart Project, and mine is this 1950's stereo cabinet ages I found ages ago on a curbside nearby. It's remained on the "one day...some day" to-do list for way too long. So this coming January, I'm going to finally give myself swift kick in the behind and get going on bringing this blast from past back to the sophisticated glory it deserves.
Questions that need to be addressed before starting:
- Paint finishes and colour(s)
- Repair the speaker cloth or replace with new idea for storage?
- Revive as a sound/entertainment system or create into new storage cabinet
- How to fit this into our existing decor and limited space layout
- Can I somehow incorporate an extra LCD monitor? Will it even fit?
I'd love to hear any suggestions or what you'd dream this project to be.
If you'd like to join us and complete a project around the house in early 2008 (and possibly win a prize in the process) you simply need to:
- read all the details here
- pick your project
- take a before photo or two
- get your supplies together...and we'll all be ready to go in January.