- Dripping Springs, TX
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that the dark color makes it feel cozy and relaxing. The rest of my house is painted white, so I really wanted a different feel in our bedroom. I searched for a long time for the perfect peacock and finally found it! I love the fact that it is always changing with the light of the day.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Ruthlessly eliminate clutter. I try and go through my drawers and closet at least twice a year if not every season. I also try to not store anything in the closet that doesn't absolutely have to be there. I always have some green as well. A potted plant, flowers from my husband, or some cuttings from the yard. Both healthy and beautiful!!
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- It is definitely a bit of an escape for me. Being a mother of five, I look forward to those days when it's possible to grab a cup of coffee and a good book and settle in to my lovely chair for a long read.
My Bedroom Retreat