- Los Angeles, CA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I mean, come on, the color. I also love the size, it's cozy.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- If you have a lot of stuff, give yourself a lot of space to store it in. Instead of open nightstands, I chose a pair that have two drawers each for all the t-shirts that won't fit in my tall dresser. Also, surround yourself with things you love, your favorite artwork, pictures of your loved ones, treasures collected from trips you may have taken...
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- For most people our bedrooms aren't the largest room in the house so if you need to use the space for something other than sleeping choose pieces that are multi-functional, like a desk for a side table next to the bed. If you don't already have one, install a dimmer at the light switch, this can take the mood anywhere you want it to go. If you're like me, and you hoard books and magazines, store them under the nightstand instead on top of it. This adds another layer of color, texture and interest and keeps the top of the nightstand free of clutter with room for important things like your alarm clock.
More posts in My Bedroom Retreat
ATVideo of the Day