Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We moved to Ann Arbor from San Francisco in the summer of 2012. Although we signed to lease without viewing the apartment, we have fallen in love with the historic charm, warm natural light, and hardwood floors of the space. Having a small home doesn't mean that we have to sacrifice our love for vintage, thrifted finds and personal style. Instead, we have found ways to incorporate our found treasures into each room of our home. Each piece tells a story about a specific time in our lives, and we love to share our small home with friends and family.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- Light: We love the warm natural light of our apartment. Paired with white walls, our home is welcoming and open.
Utilize Storage Wisely: We have converted a midcentury buffet and hope chest into extra storage space for musical equipment and odds and ends. This allows us more space for furniture pieces that we love, such as our record player and bar cart.
3. Repurpose Vintage Finds: Some of our favorite pieces were found on the street or at an estate sale. Although our home may be small, each piece tells a special story. This individuality adds charm and flair to our living space, making it not only unique but truly a reflection of the important moments in our lives.
See all entries