Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Los Angeles, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The charming, cozy feel that is light and bright. I have chosen to use soft muted colors throughout the space. Stronger accents mostly come through the artwork and a few classic furniture pieces. I love that my home reflects me with my collection of furniture, art, and objects from over the years. There is a nice amount of wall space for me to display my art which makes it double as a gallery space as well. Depending on the pieces that sell and new items I am working on, there is always a fresh feel.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- This is a live/work home, so being organized and having 'homes' for all the parts and pieces is important. I am an interior designer and artist, so I have all sorts of items to keep organized, and have to have my place always ready to show my art or have a meeting in with clients in a moments notice. I installed white Home Depot shelves all over to allow the maximum storage utilization. Using nice looking storage boxes, bins, and binders keeps it pleasing to the eye. I even installed shelves directly over the windows in the breakfast nook to convert it to a well functioning office for my design work. It has a custom look, but cost less than $120 in materials.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- I will spend the winning money on upgrading the bathroom. Painting the wood vanity cabinets properly; changing out light fixtures, taking down the existing mirror and replacing with something with interest. Install new window treatments as well as wallpapering the ceiling in a fun pattern.
See all entries