- Jersey City, NJ
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The box shape and skylights. Hallways in an apartment are often wasted square footage, and ours practically has none, with a shape that's more square than rectangle. Also, skylights are a MAJOR contributor to our endless natural light. It seriously makes us want to stay in and just relax at home more because it's so cheery!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Smart storage - under the bed drawers were the BEST purchase for this place! Usually the space underneath the bed is the place where things get put and lost forever, but for us it takes the place of our second dresser!
2. Landing zone - everyone needs one, even if you don't have a proper entry. If you don't have a place to put your shoes and keys and purse and coat, they will end up on the sofa, on the backs of seats, and lost.
3. Convertible furniture - our dining table is a double drop leaf gate-leg table and practically folds up into nothing when we're not using it. But when we want to have a dinner party, it opens up to seat 6 (4 folding chairs are put away usually, with just 2 sitting out for the two of us).