Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York, NY
- Inspiration for my palette:
- In my work, I determine the original colors of historic buildings and I've collected a lot of period paint catalogs as part of my research. They've definitely influenced my aesthetic, which tends to bolder, classic colors, to the point where I've put some of my favorite catalogs in archival frames for my wall artwork. I find that colors like teal and dark gold really pop against my neutral furniture and woodwork.
- Colors used in my room
- The walls are Thermal Spring by Behr, which I love because it's definitely a warmer cool color, and the trim is White by Glidden.
- Tips for using color successfully
- Before you paint, try to understand the amount of light your space gets throughout the day, but especially during the times you use the space most. If a test color looks great at noon, but you'll only really experience it after sunset, try another option.
- Bold & Classic
See all entries
More posts in this series
Room for Color 2012