Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Los Angeles, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- It encourages me to think about what I truly value, to craft a space that serves my needs and to constantly reevaluate what is necessary and useful and what is getting in the way. Also, the small rooms are quicker to paint, so I get to experiment a lot with color.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- The thing I love is also the biggest challenge: how to design each room to serve its purpose and nothing more. I realized that the sofa in my living room was going unused and taking up a third of the room, and the real purpose of the room was getting confused. So, I sold the sofa and rearranged what was left to create an efficient workspace.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- My mom comes to visit me often, and I would love to come up with a way to help her feel more comfortable when she's here - brightening up the bedroom, replacing the old transparent window treatments, giving her a small space to unpack, and a place to watch television. I'd also like to build a better workspace around my drafting table in the kitchen, to outfit it with paper, pencils, and tools to help improve my illustration and lettering skills.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013