Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Los Angeles, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- It encourages me to think about what I truly value, to craft a space that serves my needs and to constantly reevaluate what is necessary and useful and what is getting in the way. Also, the small rooms are quicker to paint, so I get to experiment a lot with color.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- The thing I love is also the biggest challenge: how to design each room to serve its purpose and nothing more. I realized that the sofa in my living room was going unused and taking up a third of the room, and the real purpose of the room was getting confused. So, I sold the sofa and rearranged what was left to create an efficient workspace.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- My mom comes to visit me often, and I would love to come up with a way to help her feel more comfortable when she's here - brightening up the bedroom, replacing the old transparent window treatments, giving her a small space to unpack, and a place to watch television. I'd also like to build a better workspace around my drafting table in the kitchen, to outfit it with paper, pencils, and tools to help improve my illustration and lettering skills.
See all entries