Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Sacramento, CA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that everything in the space has a story, from the beat-up old leather chair that my parents used while reading to me when I was a child, to the naked lady cross-stitch my mom embroidered for my Grandmotherâs bedroom, to the re-purposed tool box that my Grandfather had in his garage for years which is now serving as a bedside table for my husband. It all feels like home.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- The old adage, a place for everything and everything in its place is something I try to live by â¦ mostly successfully. My husband and I share our bedroom with two white house bunnies, which means lots of fur (a whole new take on the dust bunny problem when you have actual rabbits sleeping under the bed), so daily vacuuming is a must. The old mixed with the new (hello IKEA), and the masculine feel of old wood and leather with clean crisp white linens keeps the small room from feeling cluttered.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Our bedroom is small. We have a lovely mini garden/patio just off of our bedroom, which expands the footprint of the room considerably during the warmer months. I can sit on the patio with a beer and a book and relax to the sound of birds or practice yoga in the shade of the trees. During the cold months, the room becomes a warm cave-like haven, perfect for napping or snuggling bunnies â¦ unless they have other ideas.
See all entries