Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Ipswich, MA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Though it's a relatively small space, our apartment is spread over two floors, which makes it feel more spacious than it really is. Our cat also really enjoys that aspect and tends to use the staircase as his own personal Stairmaster (with a stash of toys at either end, of course). Seeing his little face peek around the corner into the living room kills me every single time.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- It took us a couple of years and lots of tinkering to discover the layout that worked best for us. The apartment is oddly proportioned, with the bulk of the square footage in the bedroom. I've been tempted many times to turn it into a multi-purpose room because of its size, but we've found that having a room that is solely a bedroom is really what works for us. Now if only we could convince our landlord to build a half-bath up there...
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- In dream world, I would buy a Smeg fridge with my winnings. It would replace the beast that we currently have in our kitchen, and it would be so perfectly cute that no one would even notice the sun-bleached linoleum flooring or the hung-too-high laminate cabinets that we can't do a thing about.
See all entries