Klassik is a haven for all things Scandinavian and Danish in particular. They buy and sell used icons, restore them, and of course, ship all over the world!
Most shocking, perhaps, is the fact that when Klassik first opened in 1991, the owner, Thomas Schlosser's decision to sell this type of furniture was considered risky at best. It's easy to question such misreadings with hindsight, but at the time the pieces with which Klassik fills its showroom were considered undesirable by most Danes and unrecognized by most others.
The store has expanded somewhat since its origins. The furniture they sell, harks exclusively from the years 1920-1975 which is really the great part of the 20th century in terms of furniture design so you won't feel like anything is left out when you peruse their inventory.
Reading through their website is almost as good as being in the store on the famous Bredgade in the city center. One particularly special treat, however--to visit the warehouse--can't be replicated on the web. You'll just have to go to Copenhagen.
To get the full impact of Jill's Copenhagen trip thus far, check out these posts:
• News Flash: Jill is Off to Copenhagen!
• News: Even the Airports are Beautiful!
• News: Jill's Day Trip to Humlebaek
• Normann Copenhagen: You've Died and Gone to Modern Design Heaven
• Jill's Tour: Hansen Living Kitchen Architecture
• Danish House Tour: Lis and Torben' Proof that Classic Works• Jill's Tour: Copenhagen Wanderings