• Moss and natural elements mix with man-made forms like the sculpture busts.
• A series of raised bridges traverse the garden. Southern Living explains that Jim created them so that "his late wife, Vivian, who was no longer ambulatory, could still tour the grounds."
• Waterfalls and streams flowing through the garden set the dreamy tone.
• A life size chess set provides a whimsical twist to a favorite pastime.
• The huge natural stones enclose one of the many spots suited to enjoying a family meal.
I think any romantic visions I've held about secret gardens have just been blown out of the water.
Be sure to check out the full slideshow at: Southern Living
Images: Southern Living