Name: Jim and Theresa Berger
Location: Venice canals — Venice Beach, CA
Size: 3,000 Square Feet
Years lived in:3 — own
The moment I spotted Jim and Theresa's home on CA Home + Design online I knew it was unique. To my happy surprise their interior designer Erinn Valencich of Erinn V. Design Group happened to be a recent acquaintance of mine. Welcome to a lovely family home that sits right on the water of the Venice canals.
When your house sits on the water it's no surprise that one of the most valuable attributes is the light. When Jim and Theresa hired Erinn to design their home one of the most important elements to create was comfort.
This home boasts three levels, three bedrooms, lots of outdoor space and is minutes from the beach. Merging the freshness of the beach along with many classic elements, the Bergers wanted to create the perfect space to celebrate this city. "LA is such a vibrant, creative, young city that it really inspires you to have fun with designs, textures, colors. You don't want boring."
Apartment Therapy Survey:
My Style: Mixed
Favorite Element: My big red sofa
Biggest Challenge: Cape Cod style home in Venice
What Friends Say: They LOVE it!
Biggest Embarrassment: My closets
Proudest DIY: Finding Erinn!!
Biggest Indulgence: Lots of beautiful fabrics
Best Advice: Love everything you put into your space. The litthe things especially.
Resources of Note:
- • wall color: Benjamin Moore Antiquity OC-107
• rug: Safavie
• fireplace tile: Westside Tile & Stone
• art above fireplace: Kevin Barry Fine Art
• vases above fireplace: Home Goods
• built-in storage around fireplace: Custom millwork
• sofas: Erinn V Maison
• pillows: William Sonoma Home
• chandelier: Courtney's - Vintage
• coffee table: Baker
• side tables (set of three): Baker
• chair: Baker
• lamps: Courtney's - Vintage
• buffet table behind chair: Vintage
• mirror: Courtney's - Gold Leaf
• urns: Courtney's
- • table: Existing
• Woven chairs: Baker
• Wooden chairs: custom by Erinn V Maison
• pendant lights: Erinn V Maison
• candlesticks : Baker - Saigon Storm Lanterns
- • wall color: Benjamin Moore - Gentle Cream OC96
• countertops: Corian
• red stools: The Conran Shop
- • wall color: Benjamin Moore - Antiquity OC107
• rug: Thomas Paul
• lighting: HD Buttercup
• sectional sofa: The Sofa Co
• coffee table: Baker
• side tables: Erinn V Maison
• vase on side table: Jonathan Adler Melrose
• pillows: Jonathan Adler; custom pillows in Pollack Fabric; Custom pillows in Duralee Mineral Fabric; custom pillows in F Schumacher fabric
• orange throw: William Sonoma Home
• draperies behind sofa: Custom drapery from Erinn V Maison with F Schumacher fabric
• draperies behind arm chairs: Custom drapery from Erinn V Maison with F Schumacher fabric
• arm chairs: Custom by Erinn V Maison - Glamour Fabric Paprika.
• mirror: Erinn V Maison
UPPER FAMILY ROOM
- • sectional sofa: The Sofa Co.
• red console: 1st Dibs
• built in cabinets: Custom Millwork by Erinn V Maison
• coffee table: HD Buttercup
• tray (on coffee table): William Sonoma Home
• side table: Erinn V Maison
• bowl on side table: Michael Aram
• chair (with green cushions): Baker
• chair (with matching ottoman): Baker
• pillows: Erinn V Maison in Pollack fabric
• red throw: William Sonoma Home
• wall art: Baker Vintage Wallpaper Prints
• rug flooring: www.FlokatiRug.net
• large planter: Rolling Greens
- • wallcovering: Manuel Canovas
• rug: West Elm
• headboard: Custom by Erinn V Maison
• bench: Custom by Erinn V Maison
• lamp (on side table): Erinn V Maison
• bedspread: Custom by Erinn V Maison with Manuel Canovas fabric
• shams: Custom by Erinn V Maison
• Toss pillow: Between The Sheets
Thanks, Jim and Theresa!
Images: Bethany Nauert
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.