Name: Joaquin (21 months)
Location: Syracuse, NY
We waited a long time to decorate our youngest son's room, but I'm glad we were able to figure out something he genuinely enjoyed before committing to anything. When he started talking, one of the first things he would point out rather excitedly were all the birds by shouting, "A burr! A burr! A burr!" So, I decided to do a bird theme but also make it a room that an adult could like.
I only wish I had been as relaxed about the process for his two older brothers; in those instances, I rushed it and didn't end up making either of their rooms all that memorable or inviting.
In all, I'm happy that the room turned out very peaceful and simple and that we were able to repurpose the dresser and toy bins. It is a small room, but we managed to make it feel bigger by not using too much furniture and by creating seating out of the toy bins and a comfy play area on the rug. The bins were our first upholstering project, and while they are imperfect, I love them because the process was fun and relatively fast.
- Paint Color: Behr Gentle Rain
- Curtains: Crate and Barrel
- Bird Decals: Etsy via stylely walls and wilson graphics
- Bird Prints: Etsy via earlybird sale
- Rug: Amazon
- Drawer Pulls: Home Depot
- Toy Bins: Target
- Fabric for the Toy Bin Cushions: Joann's
- Wall Shelves, Picture Frame and Curtain Rod: Target
- Bird Cage: Home Decorator's Collection
- Vase: HomeGoods Store
- Crotcheted Blankets: Grandma
- Drum Pendant Light: Wayfair
Thanks Melissa! Readers, visit Melissa at her website Melissa Aragon Photography.
(Images: Melissa Aragon)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE