Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Rochester, MN
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Of all the five homes my husband Ryan and I have renovated and lived in, this is by far the smallest and yet our absolute favorite! It was vacant for almost 30 years and was therefore a complete gut job! We love how the the renovation has brought us closer to our neighbors. Everyone was so excited to have the eyesore on the block finally brought back to life! We loved completely redesigning the space, opening up the main floor and making use of the attic with the sleeping loft and floor to peak cealings. We love how the rooms are so open from one to another, allowing the sunlight to fill the entire space.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- Having to clean up after ourselves. We have to do that anyway, but living in a tight space doesnt allow you to get away with it as long : ) We have come to realize that we do not need all the space and stuff we have always had. Not long after we bought the house I got a fortune cookie that said "A small home can hold just as much love and laughter as a large one". I guess we solve the space challenge by being content with the things we have (which is not always easy : ) and focusing on what is really important in life.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- We would LOVE to build a deck out the dining room patio doors! We have a huge backyard and would love to have the extra space to grill out and play yard games with neighbors and friends all summer long!!!
See all entries