Location: Keizer, OR
A year before I became pregnant I ordered a duvet cover that I'd planned to make into curtains for my daughter's "big girl" room. When I got it, I decided the print was too masculine and set it aside in case we had a boy in the future, or perhaps to use in a playroom someday. SO, when we found out we were expecting a little boy, I knew right away that the duvet cover (to-be curtains) would be my piece of inspiration for his room. And the brainstorming began..
Halfway into my pregnancy though, we decided to move into a larger home.. and the move-in date was just a month before my due date! I definitely wanted the room to be complete before Jonah's arrival so I collected, crafted, and organized all of the room's design pieces before the move and crossed my fingers that it would all come together as I'd envisioned. Which, to my surprise, it did!
In the end, the room became what I'd call an "urban safari", although I had no intention of any theme at all. Basically, I tried to stick with grey and yellow (my current favorite colors) and purchased a few fun, masculine elements that I fell in love with. Then I pulled a few already owned items that blended well, and threw it all together.
• Rhino head & flashcards: anthropologie
• Rug & curtain fabric: Urban Outfitters
• Glider & ottoman: Target
• Glider seat cushions: Pier1
• Garbage can: World Market
• Elephant bank: Target
• Mirror: TJX
• African zebra bag: garage sale
• Crib bedding: handmade by my mom
• Birdie mobile: made by me & my husband
• Changing table: mine as a baby
• Crib & side table: handed down
(Images: Stephanie M.)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE