Name: Jordan Weinstein
Location: Sunnyside; Denver, Colorado
Size: 670 square feet
Years lived in: less than one year; Rented
Ask Jordan what he does for a living and he'll tell you, "peddling male vanity." It's an unusual cause, but one we can get behind. The owner of Denver's now iconic Proper Barbershop has a strong sense of manly style that evokes both the dapperness of the 1920s and the dark corners of '80s punk rock. This convergence is far more comfortable and delightful than you'd expect.
Visiting Proper Barbershop on Tennyson or stopping in for a whiskey at Jordan's place feels more like walking between two rooms than driving down the block. Elements of the shop regularly make their way into his home, like the former front counter at the barbershop that now serves as his bar at home. His eye for art is evident in both places, with pieces from each seeming like they're part of the same collection.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
My Style: Eclectic
Inspiration: Modern American art/nihilism.
Favorite Element: 19th century steamer trunk turned bar.
Biggest Challenge: Lack of space and storage.
What Friends Say: It's comfortable. Fun.
Biggest Embarrassment: The poorly painted (maroon) bedroom wall done by the landlord.
Proudest DIY: Steamer trunk bar.
Biggest Indulgence: My whiskey collection on the bar.
Best Advice: Don't be afraid to ask other people for their thoughts.
Resources of Note:
- Vintage tripod turned lamp with the addition of rope cord and Edison bulb. The rug and pillows are from IKEA.
- Lots of local artists pieces hang on the walls.
- Vintage chairs with giant W in them. There's four more in storage. Custom portrait of my son, Oliver. Devo mask on top of the credenza and lots of art books.
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE: Check out past house tours here.
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.
Updated daily with fresh tours full of photos for you to pin & enjoy!