Name: Josiah (due March 2013)
Location: Oakland, California
The limitations of this guest room-turned-nursery were that it had no windows, no natural light and no fourth wall. Additionally, the room's Lilliputian dimensions weren't helping the cause!
The design of the nursery came together rather organically. My husband and I compromised on this deep navy blue color paint, which works thanks to our lofted ceilings and track lighting. I then collected some vintage-y but new toys/dolls made of linen — foxes and elephants seemed to be the most masculine so I went with those. They all have the quality of a family heirloom, and I hope they become just that.
I tried to add some sophistication by putting an ornate gold frame above the crib and a whimsical paper mache storybook bust of a fox's head on the opposing wall. To maximize space, the console table with shelves serves as storage for diapers, books and a mushroom night light, as well as a changing station.
- Leather suitcase: Pottery Barn
- Fox and owl linen dolls: Coral & Tusk
- Elephant doll: Etsy shop QuinnKnits
- Custom changing pad cover: Etsy shop DesignsByChristyS
- Fabric diaper storage bin: Etsy shop TheStorageLoft
- Mushroom doll: by Tamar Mogendorff
- Mushroom night lamp: Got it 8 yrs ago at "Radish & Rose" boutique in Hayes Valley, San Francisco, but long closed
- Plush fox: Anthropologie
- Custom crib sheets: bought at Pottery Barn then utilized a custom sewing job via Etsy shop AngelsWings
- Olive chair: Cost Plus, $200 on sale
- Lumbar pillow: Etsy shop JillianReneeDecor
- Lime green blanket with pom poms: Anthropologie
- Hand-crocheted grey and silver baby blanket: handmade by Mary Moffatt
- Letter 'J': Etsy shop REdesigningWomen
- Navy and gold frames: Anthropologie
(Images: Lindsay O.)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE