- West Hollywood, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Our home is a small cottage in the middle of a big city, and although the space is limited, we were fortunate enough to have decorated our outdoor space to make our home an indoor/outdoor living situation. Additionally, our home is surrounded by windows and french doors which allow a tremendous amount of sunlight making an ambiance of positive energy with relaxation in a little oasis.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- The biggest challenge is that our home has long, but narrow rooms making it difficult to decorate and arrange furniture in a traditional fashion, which only made it that much more fun to get creative in how we took advantage of the space. Although we love large rustic/industrial furniture, we compromised and were more selective on the pieces we brought to our home. Since our cottage has a lot of natural charm, we looked for ways to enhance the beauty by really following the "less is more'" mentality and trying to keep a minimalistic design.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- We would use the prize money to enhance the guest bedroom and the kitchen.