Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Indianapolis, IN
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- Cheerful calm. I also love the mementos in the room, like the vestment cabinet I found in my best friend’s garage and the curiosities on the wall above our headboard. The tiny gallery includes a campaign button from my husband’s father’s father and a spool of thread from my mother’s mother. I found the fresh take on the Union Jack in England, and I made the custom silhouette pillows of Winston Churchill and Queen Elizabeth with acrylic paint, butcher paper, and a little imagination. All together, and it feels like a breath of fresh air.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Leave room to breathe! De-decorate and de-clutter to give your mind and soul a respite. And because you’ve pared down, you surround yourself with your favorite things – belongings that feel most like a warm hug, both literally and figuratively.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- In this multitasking world, it’s lovely to have a bedroom that is just that – a room for our bed. It’s not an office or a movie theatre. It’s a place where my husband and I rest and reconnect, and where our little girl comes to snuggle on weekend mornings.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat