Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I didn't want to paint the window trim white, but I also didn't want a dark room. I chose to put a light grey on the walls to offset the dark trim and to work with the yellow tone of the hard wood floors. The inspiration for the color palette of jewel tones --reds, golds, greens and turquoise came directly from my collection of antique Turkmen skull caps.
- Colors used in my room
- Wall color is Benjamin Moore's Owl Grey
Jewel tones including reds, mustard yellows, and pops of blue and green.
- Tips for using color successfully
- I wanted a balance of light and airy and warm. By choosing a neutral gray on the walls, I had more freedom to introduce the strong colors from the carpet and the suzani. The expanse of windows and the mirror on the opposing wall, helped to bring in light to offset the deep dark colors.
- Modern Central Asian
See all entries