- Justyn & Kate
- Windsor Canada
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- The apartment’s location, and its expansive windows, exposed brick, and hand-picked mid-century modern furnishings. It is a complement and at times a compromise to both of our styles. In a bachelor pad, every inch has to be accounted for, so selecting pieces that are versatile with punches of quirky character has worked well for us so far in creating our very own mid-century mod pod.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Air it out. Feng Shui plays a pivotal role in any home's circulation, regardless of square footage. Being aware of this, in conjunction with purchasing size appropriate furnishings, will allow each space within your home to breathe.
2. Be patient. Allow your space to constantly and naturally evolve and adapt to your needs and style. “A proper building grows naturally, logically, and poetically out of all its conditions.” –Louis Sullivan
3. Source locally. Craigslist (Detroit) has been a terrific source for pieces from the 60s and 70s. Since we are architecture students on a budget, and interior design enthusiasts, finding high quality, sustainable and timeless pieces from local manufacturers/designers such as Steelcase and Herman Miller/Eames has brought us great satisfaction.
ATVideo of the Day