- Syracuse, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I mostly love that this is the first home that feels like my home. I have managed to put my own personal touch on most of the furniture and the decor is the most personalized of the 15+ homes I've had in my lifetime. I'm most proud of my gallery wall of all the places I have lived in my lifetime. I like my decor to be personal, so the gallery wall and most of the decor in the rest of the apartment has a personal meaning to me. I'm also proud of all the work I have done. I built my coffee table, end tables, and bench. I refinished my dresser and painted my kitchen table. I made the mirror over the sofa, the lampshades in the living room, all the shelves on the walls, the subway sign of all the places I've lived, and lots of the rest of the decor.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space:
- My biggest challenge is that I enjoy to DIY most of my decor and some furnishings. I've had some fiascos, like when I tried spray painting indoors in the winter (I'm still finding yellow paint dust), and the actual building of furniture has to be done at my parents' house, which is an hour and a half away. The other challenge I have is more about renting rather than a size issue. When hanging decor, I have to be conscious of the method used to reduce potential damage fees. I also would love to paint the walls and add a backsplash in the kitchen, which would be a big no-no.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are::
- I would actually like to put it towards closing costs on a house so I can really personalize a space.
More posts in Small Cool 2013
ATVideo of the Day