- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We live in a triangular prewar building, a plainer version of the flatiron. So we have a triangular floor layout, and it works really well. Other things? I love the bookshelves - I made them myself. It took me 2 years. I love that my husband's two bicycles fit in the triangular storage space. I love that it's more than twice the size of our previous 350 sqft rental. It feels BIG!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Big wall art. It's often the only opportunity to do something dramatic in a small space.
2. Big dinner parties. I was going to wall-mount the desk, but instead chose a free-standing one that can join up with our dining table. We've had 16 people over for Thanksgiving.
3. Big expanses of tile. If you can afford it, clad a small bathroom from top to bottom in tile (not halfway up, not only around the shower). I think it makes it look bigger and more luxurious. And, in a tiny space, water probably is going to go everywhere.