- Indianapolis, IN
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that despite living in a rental house, I've learned to make my room a reflection of myself. I've spent the last six months slowly decluttering. Evaluating every item's importance has helped me embrace my personal style instead of trying to force my life into a predesigned aesthetic.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- My biggest piece of advice would be to not fill a room with things whose only purpose is to be pretty. Take the time to make sure that everything in your room makes you happy, that it means something to you. (Your bank account will thank you, too.)
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- My housemate and I operate on very different schedules. His room has french doors into the living room, so I spend a lot of time in my room so as not to disturb him. Having as much open floor space as possible allows me to have dance parties and make art. The tray on my bed is great for eating and watching TV on my iPad (which I know is a big no-no in the bedroom for most people).
More posts in My Bedroom Retreat
ATVideo of the Day