Name: Karen O'Leary
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Tell us about your desk/home office: My home studio/office space is where I operate all aspects of my business, Studio KMO. I am a one person business, and in this space I write emails, coordinate orders, package prints, frame prints, and creating original hand cut maps and ink drawings.
Favorite details? In this small space, everything has it's place. The workspace is minimized, where everything is out of sight to create a calmer work environment. The space has the same characteristics as the hand cut maps and original ink drawings I work on: un-cluttered, simple, and functional.
Tips, tricks, or resources for setting up an efficient workspace? I spend long hours in my studio, so having a functional, organized space is most efficient for me. Keeping everything I need and use in the room means I never have to go far to complete a task.
- Desk chair: West Elm
- Computer stand: Rain Design
- Lamp: Marshalls
- "Have love will travel" sign: ohdierliving
- "Today will be a fine day" print: domestica
- Grey chevron art block: red tile studio
- Ceramics pen cups: handmade from vitrifiedstudio
- Manhattan 10x10 mapcut (my favorite city)
- Bookcases, storage units, desk, drawer unit, and picture ledges: IKEA
- Photos of my wedding day, my baby girls, and of my parents wedding day-a reminder that time goes so very quickly.
Got a desktop or home office space balancing home technology with home decor? Apartment Therapy would love to share your space as inspiration. Contact us via The Home Tech Submissions Form
(Image credits: Karen O'Leary)