Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Pasadena, CA
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I call this my "steampunk room" - we were inspired by old English libraries, but we wanted a more contemporary edge, so we went with a teal instead of bottle green. In lamplight, the room reads very green instead of teal.
- Colors used in my room
- Benjamin Moore "Dragonfly", natural accents (gold and brass), mahogany, charcoal gray (couch fabric)
- Tips for using color successfully
- Don't fight a room's natural tendencies! Painting a dark room in a light color will just make it look dim. Instead, choose a vibrant color to make a dark room feel like a cozy jewelbox.
- Contemporary Steampunk
See all entries
More posts in this series
Room for Color 2012